Our thoughts are with the medical staff, patients, friends and family who have all been affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic. It is important that we put everyone’s health and safety first over the coming months.
In light of the escalation in confirmed cases, and on advice and instruction from various local and international governments, the following ANZAST and DSTC events have been impacted:
- Surgical Stabilisation of Rib Fractures Workshop: 11th May 2020. POSTPONED until May 2021.
- DSTC Perth: May 2020. POSTPONED until 25th-27th November 2020
- DSTC Sydney: July 2020. CANCELLED
- DSTC Melbourne: October 2020. POSTPONED until 6th-8th May 2021.
- ABSET (ASSET): 27th October 2020. POSTPONED until Sat 13th February 2021.
At this stage, the AGM planned for 22nd July at Liverpool Hospital, Sydney has not been affected. With the cancellation of both DSTC and SWANN the same week, it is likely that the venue will be changed. As in previous years, there will be provisions for teleconference attendance. Members will be informed accordingly.
For anyone who has registered for the SSRF Workshop, we thank you for your support. As we are unable to confirm a future date at this stage, you will be contacted over the coming weeks with information regarding a full refund.
We thank-you in advance for your understanding during what will be a challenging time. The Education Committee will be meeting in the coming weeks, and one of our points of discussion will be how we can provide for ongoing education over the coming months. If you would like to contribute, please contact Jen Broadbent via email@example.com.
Please stay safe.