Enshrined within the ANZAST constitution, our objectives are to:
- Improve trauma patient care
- Advance education, training and research in the practice of trauma surgery
- Advance the science of trauma surgery
- Improve trauma systems
- Develop trauma surgery as a profession with high professional standards
- Provide authoritative advice, information and opinion to other professional organisations, governments and the public, and
- Enhance collaboration with other professional organisations with similar objects.
Through working towards achieving these objectives, ANZAST will effect the Mission Statement:
To ensure seriously and critically injured New Zealand and Australian patients receive optimal and world-class surgical care.