Australian and New Zealand Association for the Surgery of Trauma (ANZAST) is a not-for-profit, public company limited by guarantee, that was listed with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission in February 2011. It was formed by a group of surgeons involved in the care of injured Australian and New Zealand patients.
To ensure seriously and critically injured New Zealand and Australian patients receive optimal and world-class surgical care.
This goal will be achieved by overseeing post fellowship surgical education and training, guiding the surgical trauma curriculum, supporting quality research, promoting effective systems of care and advocating on behalf of surgeons providing care to the seriously injured.
- Subscription to the Journal of Trauma & Acute Care Surgery
- Access to a network of surgeons with an interest in the treatment of injured patients
- Discounts on ANZAST-sponsored meetings, conferences and workshops
- Opportunity to become involved with the association committees
Many surgeons have contributions to make to the care of the injured as described in the constitution of the Australasian Trauma Society (ATS). Likewise, the ANZAST are actively seeking to involve surgeons in all aspects of trauma care from scene to discharge. The executive committees of both societies have recognised the potential benefits of the two organisations working together to achieve the objectives of both.
Benefits in addition to ANZAST membership include:
- Subscription to Injury
- Quarterly newsletter of the ATS- Trauma Talk
- Reduced registration for ATS sponsored events.
The following dual memberships are available:
- RACS (or international equivalent) Fellow: $585.00
- RACS (or international equivalent) Trainee: $480.00
Click HERE to join online and take advantage on the dual membership offer.